There is a draft plan in place for 6-12. We will use a consistent platform to deliver learning to our students. The plan includes both Google Classroom and Google Hangout. The plan will be shared with all 6-12 staff on Tuesday, 3/17, in the morning. We ask that everyone reviews the plan and begins to map out at learning for 3/23 - 4/3 to start.
K-5 has a draft plan that will be finalized by Tuesday and sent to everyone to review.
Survey: Your assistance with this survey has been fantastic! As of 12:30 today, we have had more than 3,500 responses come in. Each Principal has been given the results for their building and is using it to help inform decisions as we move further down the path of remote learning. If you have not had an opportunity, you will have until Thursday, March 19, 2020. Individual schools are also reviewing the responses for their building and reaching out to families that they have identified as not responding and contacting them directly. To access the survey, please go to - https://www.surveymonkey.com/
Breakfast and lunch will be available for pickup beginning Tuesday March 17th at Keene High and Franklin Schools in Keene. EVERY SAU 29 student is eligible to pick up the meals. Breakfast and lunch will be in one bag and ready for curbside pick up in a car or walk up. Service for Keene High will be in the back of the school. Franklin School pickup will be on Page Street behind Franklin School. Service will be from 8:30am – 12:00pm Monday – Friday while school is closed. Please note that the student MUST BE PRESENT to pick up the meals. Menus will vary based on availability. This is our plan for now and as you know things are changing daily and we will keep you updated! Please share so we can get the word out! For further clarification please call Food Services at (603)357-9011.
- For the vast majority of IEP eligible students, the teacher and special educator should collaborate on modified assignments just like they do for all kids.
- Case managers/special educators who are currently responsible for the special education services in IEPs will create remote lessons for students based on their IEP services. Such as, Google hangouts, videos, paper materials, etc.
- All special education meetings are postponed this week (March 16 through March 20). These meetings will be rescheduled in the near future.
- We are considering how best to facilitate all other meetings moving forward.
- Plans for all evaluations are being finalized and will be communicated when completed.
- Related Services - We are determining how related service providers will offer remotely and share this with case managers and parents.
- Transportation will not be provided until further notice.
- We are moving forward with the data from the survey to get Chromebooks ready for student use. We have installed an inventory plug in to Power school to make sure your Chromebooks are getting to your students and then back to your schools.
- We have talked to some vendors to get more web access for our schools and are checking on home access. Some Vendors like Spectrum are offering free connections to students . Some parents may want to look into this.
- School Lunch forms should be ready soon. I will send each school a form to send out. This will collect data for the lunch program to prepare breakfast and lunch for the students. The form will email your school and the data then will be sent to the lunch program.
While many students may view this period as vacation time, it has the added benefit of slowing down and preventing the transmission of the virus from one person to the next. It is our recommendation that everyone carefully consider the impact of participation in daily routines and activities not only on your own family but also the impact it may have on others as well.
Dr. Rick Matte is the lead contact person for all COVID-19 inquiries and concerns at all SAU 29 schools and districts. He can be reached at email@example.com.
Governor Sununu has also activated a 24 hour COVID-19 hotline for all related needs and supports. The hotline can be reached by dialing 211.